This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small portion of sales for compensation, at no cost to you. All opinions about any products and/or companies are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting Crunchy Hippie Life!
With the baby coming, I’m looking for ways to creatively stretch our budget to include money for fun splurges, like a trip to Starbucks, cute things from the Target dollar bin, or the occasional Paleo “treat” online (spiralizer, anyone?). It’s hard to justify those splurges when we have a budget that we stick to, so I’ve been enjoying practicing contentment and making the most of what we have. It’s really been a great lesson, but it’s nice to be able to provide some extra fun into our week too!
Related: How to Eat Organic for Free
Have you ever heard of Swagbucks?
I used it a lot several years ago, and then for whatever reason I stopped. However, a few weeks ago when I was looking for ways to give us a bit more “fun” money, I resigned up to start earning gift cards with Swagbucks and am over halfway to earning my first reward!
How do you earn points?
– The most popular way to earn points is through using their search engine. When you search, you can earn several points (usually I earn 11 points). This doesn’t happen every time you type something, but usually every 3-5 times. I do a lot of searching during the day anyway, so I can collect points that way. Plus, if you install their toolbar, you get points daily just for having it exist on your computer.
– Answering the daily poll earns you 1 point a day.
– Watching videos earns you 3 points for every 10 videos you earn. I usually open them in a separate tab, mute my computer, and have them going in the background while I work. You can do this until you run out of videos. Usually I earn 6 points a day.
– Daily deals are my favorite! If you normally shop at Amazon, Walmart, Kohls, even Groupon and Living Social, you can purchase through Swagbucks and earn a certain amount of points back per dollar.
– By printing their coupons and using them, you earn points back.
– Referrals. They changed their referral policy from what it was the last time I was a member and now when you refer someone you get 10% of their points for life! (used to be matched for the first 60 days and then nothing).
– Bonus points. You have a “daily goal” to earn a certain number of points a day. If you do, you get awarded with extra Swagbucks.
Maybe you want a little bonus money. Maybe you want to pay for Christmas gifts for free. Maybe you need some wiggle room with your grocery budget. Maybe you just really like to earn gift cards. Swagbucks is a great way to get you any of those! So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and start earning those gift cards!